Stabat Mater Menevia

Stabat Mater Menevia
We praise you O Lord and we bless you, for by thy Holy Cross thou hast redeemed the world

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Mass on the third Sunday after Pentecost

Latin Mass in the old rite will be at the Church of St Therese at Sandfields, near Port Talbot on Sunday 9th June at 5pm

PRAYER FOR DAILY NEGLECTS


  ETERNAL FATHER, I offer You the Sacred Heart of Jesus, with all its love, all its sufferings, and all its merits.
First, to expiate all the sins I have committed this day and during all my life. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning, is now, and shall ever be, world without end. Amen.
Second, to purify the good I have done poorly this day and during all my life. Glory be, etc. 
  Third,  to supply for the good I ought to have done, and that I have neglected this day and all my life. Glory be, etc.

HISTORY:  Soon after death, a Poor Clare nun appeared to her abbess, who was praying  for her, and said: "I went straight to Heaven because I paid all my debts by virtue of this prayer."